Since 2008 the Dutch Tax Administration can designate an institution to be a “Public Benefit Organisation” (Dutch: Algemeen Nut BeogendeInstelling, ANBI). At least 90% of the efforts of an ANBI has to be focused on the general good.
ANBI status (charitable status)
In May 2018, the Dutch Tax Office recognized that we are aPublic Benefit Organization of Charitable Organization (Dutch: ANBI) from our date of incorporation. This means you can deduct your donations to BDE in the income tax return if you meet the conditions of the tax authorities. Please read more on their website.
Registration number charitable status: 858573684
The foundation Black Dutch Entrepreneurs (hereafter: BDE) has been established by notarial deed March 7, 2018. The foundation is registered in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 71085947. A request is submitted to the ANBI status (RSIN 858573684). This request is pending.
The address of the Foundation isOverwegwachter 4, 3034 KG Rotterdam. This is a pop-up office. To make an appointment please send an email to email@example.com
The deed under Article 2 describes the aim of the foundation as follows:
BDE is a foundation whose objective is to stimulate, support and guide Afro Dutch people towards entrepreneurship in the Netherlands.The foundation seeks to achieve this goal by:
- Organizing of sixeventsper year that stimulate business, educational and personal growth;
- Set-up and launch of the seven BDE pillars (Network, Academy, Business support, Human resource,Social, Media and Youth);
- Partnerships with key stakeholders who help facilitate business growth and finance;
- Providing business support to (young) business owners and help them to grow their business by giving them access to business advice, business mentoring and exclusive business networking opportunities;
- The organizing of lectures and information sessions.
CURRENT POLICY IN MAIN
The current policy covers those activities which contribute tomake a difference through entrepreneurship and encourage each other to discover our entrepreneurial qualities. BDE has anannual policy plan in place for 2018.Each year a new annual policy plan will be prepared.
This is translated into the following operations:
- Providing information through lectures, one-day educational master classes and business days.
- Assist members to succeed as entrepreneurs.
BDE is a foundation that is financially supported by donors, sponsors and revenues from events. BDE recruits benefits from the following activities:
- Fundraising (companies);
- Grants (governmentprojects);
- Revenues from inheritances.
Article 3 of the Statute of the Foundation states that the board of the foundation is formed bya Supervisory Board and an odd number of at least three members consisting of at least a president, a secretary and a treasurer.
The Supervisory Board 2018 is made up of:
- Brian Ceder– Charmain supervisory board
- Astrid Elburg – supervisory board member
- Carlos Gonçalves – supervisory board member
- Marciano Daans – supervisory board member
- Rabin Neslo – supervisory board member
The current composition of the board is:
- Adan Ashkir–Chairman
- Jamal Ceder – Treasurer / Secretary
Members of the board are appointed anddismissed by the Supervisory board. The Board is responsible for overseeing the general affairs of the Foundation and the Supervisory Board for the supervision of the Executive Board’s Management and policies.
Board members may receive reimbursement of expenses on a basis by submitting proper documents.Volunteers receive, to prior approval of the Board, remuneration for expenses incurred on areimbursement basis by submitting proper documents.
ANNUAL REPORT AND ACTUAL ACTIVTIES
On our website the latest news relating our activities is available.The 2018 annual report containing information about performed activities and financial statements in 2018 will be published in March 2019.